The Online Editorial Assistant creates, builds, publishes and markets content to our portfolio of websites, social platforms and helps coordinate weekly email newsletters. This role reports directly to the online editor and also offers input on trends and new opportunities for story promotion, curation and optimization.
- Assist online editor in fulfilling brand’s online mission and voice
- Create, upload and manage original content – photo galleries and video
- Reformat existing magazine content – copy, photos, graphics, etc., and upload to CMS
- Help optimize content for search engine rankings by creating internal and external article links
- Create and format photo galleries
- Build and publish eNewsletters
- Post stories to Brand’s Social Media outlets such as Facebook and Twitter
- Identify additional outlets – forums, blogs, etc. – to post content to and extend reach
- Perform light graphics production and photo editing in Photoshop.
- Assist editors with daily tasks such as copy editing and posting of magazine stories in the CMS
- Assist with the development and maintenance of the team’s editorial calendar
- Moderate story comments, photo community comments and social media comment
- Execute all administrative duties, schedule payments for writers and create an archive of necessary documentation
- Support in the monitoring of website search engine strategies
- Support in the standardization of all forms and documents
- Highly Organized
- Passion for online journalism, content, online marketing and SEO
- Knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, other graphics programs, and HTML
- Technically proficient and able to quickly understand new workflows, publishing and content management platforms, WordPress and Brightcove
- Strong interest in technology, marketing, website publishing/production and content creation
- General interest in the outdoors, hunting, shooting or fishing
- 4-year college degree
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.