InterMedia Outdoors, America’s premier media group for outdoor sports, is seeking a full-time editor with a strong knowledge of fishing and hunting for its popular Game & Fish publications. The position is based in suburban Atlanta (Marietta, GA), where Game & Fish produces 28 monthly hunting and fishing magazines and online digital content, targeted at sportsmen in specific states or regions.
Working closely with both the Editorial and Digital teams the Outdoor Editor must be able to wear many hats and move easily across platforms in creating content for both print and digital. This person will be responsible for conceiving, assigning, editing and writing content for both print and online.
- Proven writing skills and a strong story creator with a knack for writing catchy heads, subtitles and captions.
- Exemplary copy-editing and proofreading skills.
- A good eye for choosing supporting photography and graphics.
- Should possess a clear vision of how print articles can seamlessly integrate with online content.
- A born collaborator who works easily with freelance writers.
- Completely comfortable with digital content creation.
- Able to create strong, engaging content that is both repurposed from the magazine as well as assigned specifically for online.
- Totally comfortable with Social Media and possessing a clear knowledge of how Facebook and Twitter can help drive print and online engagement.
- Candidates must have a passion for hunting and fishing.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to articulate concepts and story ideas that play across print and online.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines.
- InCopy or InDesign experience a plus.
- Understanding of popular content management systems, like WordPress, a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, creative writing, interactive media, or equivalent experience.
- Ability to excel as a team player in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
Send resumes and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please no recruiters.