InterMedia Outdoors & Petersen’s Hunting
“Rock River Rifle Giveaway”
1. No Entry Fee or Purchase Required. To Enter:
Visit http://www.petersenshunting.com/hogstopper anytime between November 5, 2013 and December 31, 2013, and follow the guidelines to write a paragraph of 200 words or less that explains your “ultimate argument for the best hog hunting cartridge.” Then, complete the online registration form and submit it along with your entry. Written portion of entry must not exceed 200 words. Limit one (1) entry, per person or email address. Multiple entry submissions will be disqualified. Entries must be complete with all registration information to be eligible. Once an entry is submitted there will be no revisions or re-submissions allowed. Contestants who submit invalid information will be disqualified. All entries will become the property of InterMedia Outdoors, Inc. (“Sponsor”), and will not be returned. Sponsor reserves the right to publicize any submitted entries in full or in part. Entries must be received by 11:59 PM ET on December 31, 2013. Entrants are responsible for determining the entry deadline in their time zone. For the purposes of Contest deadline, the sole determinant of the current time will be the clock on the promotion server, regardless of what any other timekeeping device might indicate. Entries will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address used for the entry at time of entry.
2. Judging Criteria: Entries must not exceed 200 words. All entries will be judged on the following criteria, with equal weight given to each, in all rounds of judging:
i. overall quality, creativity, and clarity of entry
ii. how well the idea is conveyed of your “ultimate argument for the best hog hunting cartridge”
iii. appropriateness of the entry to be used in connection with the Petersen’s Hunting brand
Any submissions containing unsuitable language or inappropriate content of any kind will be disqualified, as determined by the Contest judges at their sole discretion. Sponsor and Contest judges reserve the right to declare non-qualified entries (those that are plagiarized; created under false pretenses or with false statements; show obvious lack of effort; contain incomplete or inappropriate content, etc.) ineligible.
3. Judging: Entries will be judged according to the criteria listed above, in all rounds of judging, by a panel from the Petersen’s Hunting editorial team, whose decisions in all matters relating to this Contest are final. Entries will be judged approximately between January 1, 2014 and January 15, 2014, based on review and the established criteria, to determine the final prize winner. In the event of a tie in any of the judging rounds, the tied entries will be re-judged using the identical criteria until the winner is determined. Sponsor reserves the right not to select a winning entry, based upon the content and/or lack of quality of eligible submissions. Potential winner will be contacted by email from Sponsor, and will be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility and liability/publicity release, as well as proof of current firearm license, that must be returned and received within 7 days of the date sent to the potential winner, or an alternate winning entry may be selected from remaining eligible entries. Any entry or entrant that is determined to be invalid or ineligible according to the judging criteria and eligibility requirements will be disqualified, and the entry judged to be next in line will be deemed the winner for the prize. Winner will be announced on or about January 31, 2014.
4. Prize: One (1) Grand Prize: A Rock River .308 Prototype AR with EOTech Extreme-XPS3 holographic sight and Wicked Hunting Lights ultra-bright W400 light. Approximate retail value of Grand Prize is $3,000. Prize may not be transferred or redeemed for cash, in whole or in part. No substitution for prize permitted, except by Sponsor in the event of unavailability. The firearm prize will be shipped to a current licensed Federal Firearms License dealer, where winner will submit all federal and state paperwork. Winner must submit a signed copy of a Federal Firearms License from his or her receiving dealer before taking possession of the prize. Winner is responsible for the proper safe handling and storage of the firearm, as well as obtaining proper instruction for the safe use and handling of the firearm. Any Federal, State, or dealer fees are the sole responsibility of the winner. Grand Prize winner is responsible for any incidental costs related to the acceptance or use of the prize not expressly stated above, including but not limited to licenses, fees, or other expenses. Sponsor makes no warranties, representations, or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or in law, respecting the performance or use of the Grand Prize, including, without limitation, quality, merchantability, and fitness for a particular purpose. Winner is solely responsible for any Federal, State, or local taxes on the value of the prize, and will be issued a 1099-MISC form for the retail value of the prize. No responsibility is accepted for any additional expenses, omissions, delays, re-routing, or acts of any government or authority. In no event will Sponsor be obligated to award more than the number of prizes stated in these official rules.
5. Eligibility: The Contest is open only to legal residents of the United States (except residents of MA, WA, and all other States that prohibit offering firearms as prizes) who are at least twenty-one (21) years of age at the time of entry, and are and able to pass background checks and meet all applicable Federal, State, and local laws in order to take possession of the firearm. Employees of InterMedia Outdoors, Rock River Arms, Inc., their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and public relations agencies, and their immediate families as well as individuals living in the same households of such employees are ineligible. Potential winner must conform to all local, Federal, and State regulations, as applicable, and must make arrangements for delivery of firearm with appropriate federally licensed firearms dealer, as required by State and Federal law. Contest is void where prohibited by law or regulation, and is subject to all applicable Federal, State, and local laws and regulations. All submitted entries and registration data become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Entries must be original, unpublished, conceived and created entirely by the entrant, and not previously or currently submitted for consideration in any other contest or promotion. By entering this Contest, entrant assigns all rights of ownership of the entry to the Sponsor, including copyright, publicity rights, and the rights to reprint and otherwise reproduce the entry or parts thereof in promotional, advertising, and publicity materials for any purpose, and in any medium, without compensation. Entrants agree to the release of their name, address, and email information to Sponsor for winner notification purposes and for public winner disclosure as required by law. By winning a prize, winner agrees to grant to the Sponsor and its promotion partners the right without limitation to use the winner’s name, picture, portrait or likeness, and voice in any future promotional material connected with this Contest in any and all media, now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity and throughout the universe, without further compensation, where permitted, and that such use can be made without prior inspection or approval of the use of any copy used in connection with it. Winner further releases Sponsor and its promotion partners from any liability arising from such use, including, without limitation, claims for invasion of privacy, infringement of right of publicity, and defamation (including libel and slander). By entering, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
6. Limitation of Liability: Sponsor, its promotion partners, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates are not responsible for typographical errors in any Contest-related materials; for lost, late, misdirected, or incomplete entries; for technical, hardware, software, Internet, or telephone failures of any kind; for lost or unavailable network connections; or for failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions that may limit or interfere with a participant’s ability to take part in the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify Contest if fraud or technical failure compromises the integrity of the Contest or corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness, or proper play of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If Contest is cancelled for any reason, including but not limited to those listed above, prize will be awarded to a winner judged from valid entries received up to the time of cancellation. Sponsor, its promotion partners, related companies, parent, subsidiaries, agencies, and their respective employees or officers shall not be liable for injury, losses, damages, or costs of any kind resulting from participation in this promotion, or acceptance of or use or misuse of a prize or parts thereof. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for the use of the firearm. Sponsor may prohibit any entrant from participating in this Contest or any future promotion, if, in the sole opinion of Sponsor such entrant (i) has tampered with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, (ii) repeatedly shows a disregard for the Official Rules, or (iii) acts (a) in an unsportsmanlike manner, (b) with an intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass Sponsor or any other entrant, or (c) in any other disruptive manner.
7. Dispute Resolution: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE STATE OF NEW YORK, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in New York having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participants’ actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
8. Winners List: For the name of the Grand Prize winner, send a standard-size postcard, only, with your name and address to: “Rock River Rifle Giveaway” Contest Winners List, c/o InterMedia Outdoors, Inc., 1040 Sixth Avenue, Flr 12, New York, NY 10018. Requests must be received by March 31, 2014. Do not send entries or any other correspondence to this address.
9. Sponsor: InterMedia Outdoors, Inc., 1040 Sixth Avenue, 12th Floor, New York, NY 10018.